Monday, April 16, 2012

Chill out for single female traveler...

Will be in Phuket for 8 days early Sept - after 3 weeks in Beijing and then Bangkok am looking for some chill out (ie not the centre of Patong) Looking at splitting my time between Sawasdee Village for the spa and then Katathani Resort for the beach? Would like peaceful surroundings but close enough to find a lively restaurant/bar if I feel like it. Have travelled globally but never to Thailand, any suggestions for feeling secure as a single female are welcome. Thx

Chill out for single female traveler...

Hi there,

I can%26#39;t really give you any suggestions on bars etc...as I didn%26#39;t really venture to any of them as I was on my own.

I stayed in Patong, Karon and Kata. Patong is good, Kata is lovely and Karon is a a mixture of both. Its in between both Kata and Patong...not a busy as Patong and not as sleepy at Kata.

As for travelling on your own, its great!! I felt very very safe in Thailand, just use your common sense and you%26#39;ll be o.k.

I went to South Africa after my trip to Thailand and in comparison, Thailand was a breeze!!

I%26#39;m sure you%26#39;ll have a great time! :)

Lorree

Chill out for single female traveler...

Thanks Lorree. Did you stay in a resort or head out for your evening meals? Obviously I don%26#39;t intend to wander about in the late evening but prefer local restaurant experiences to sticking to just what the hotel has to offer.

What about tours? Any you can suggest that won%26#39;t leave me the only single with families of four?!

Thx again, EJ


Hi EJ,

I can%26#39;t offer you advice as a solo FEMALE traveller!

However, as a male, I have always travelled solo and have had no problems. I firmly believe you will actually meet more fellow travellers that way!

Tours and day trips really are a great way of meeting others and you should certainly not feel self-conscious about doing these trips alone!

I have met many male and female solo travellers there and all had a great time!

I have always found Phuket to be a very safe place for tourists. Obviously standard travellers%26#39; common sense applies!

September is a good time to go, as hotel rates should be very good!

Regards,

Joe


Hi EJ!

I am actually also travelling to Bangkok %26amp; Phuket in August during my bday (08/08/08!).. lovely! I opt to stay in Patong because it%26#39;s low season, so I would expect not as much foot traffic and a bit of more peace compared to high season (I may be wrong, any comments?) but still not too secluded to be scary for a lone female.

This will be my first time to visit Thailand as well but from my ';research'; here in TA and virtually everywhere else online, you can book at a semi-secluded hotel a few mins walk from Bangla Road and/or the beach and still be able to relax.

As for tours, I am looking at the Hongs by Starlight and Captain Mark%26#39;s Phang Nga day tour. Should not be crowded at all as they do more specialized tours, and you get to make friends with your fellow travelers. There are reviews in TA, but here are the websites -

http://www.phuketsailtours.com/

http://www.johngray-seacanoe.com/

The ATV Tours also sound interestingly different and a great alternative if it%26#39;s raining (more mud!).

I%26#39;ll let you know how my vacation goes - I can%26#39;t wait and it%26#39;s still more than 4 months away. :( Maybe we can catch each other next time in Phuket, cheers.


Yes, Thailand is safe in general.

  • backgrounds for myspace
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment