Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Krabi / Khao Lak or Phuket???

Can anyone advise me? We are thinking of going on a beach holiday with our 2 kids(7 %26amp; 10) but we are undecided which part of Thailand we should go to. We%26#39;ve been to Samui 3x and simply loved it. Thought of trying Khao Lak or Krabi. I%26#39;m hesitant about Phuket cuz I%26#39;ve been there quite some time ago and didn%26#39;t like the crowds. We would like to go somewhere where there are nice white sand beachs, nice pool and good food nearby. My girl likes the beach, my boy likes the pool. And I like to chill out at either place to read.





Have narrowed it down to:



Khao Lak: Baan Khao Lak (seems to have great reviews on TA) or Araya Villas (photos look great, only thing, we have to cross the road bet the beach and pool and also it%26#39;s not so near town as BKL) or Namg Thong Bay Resort. (have not read much about this but vaguely know of some good reviews)





Phuket: Naithonburi Resort. But.... is it better to go to Khao Lak?





Krabi: ???? I%26#39;ve heard that Krabi%26#39;s beaches are not as nice as Phuket%26#39;s. But Krabi is a good place to start if you want to go explore the other islands like Phi Phi etc. So should I just stay at Khao Lak?





Also, we would like to do some snorkelling. My kids can swim but we are not strong swimmers. Which place has a good beach which we can snorkel nearby? Khao Lak to Surin Islands?





I%26#39;d appreciate your replies. We are thinking of going in mid June.



Krabi / Khao Lak or Phuket???


Hi,





I think it is a difficult call between Krabi and Khao Lak. If you have two weeks, why not split between the two?





We loved both Krabi and Khao Lak.





I would say that Ao Nang is busier than Khao Lak.





We stayed at the Baan Khao Lak hotel and loved it, although to be honest it was too much of a family resort for us - we have no children but would obviously fit your requirements with two young children. It is a 5 minute walk into town where there are quite a lot restaurants and shops.





Here are some photos of the Baan Khao Lak hotel, we stayed in a beach villa.





Sarah



xx



Krabi / Khao Lak or Phuket???


Thanks for your reply Sarah. But I don%26#39;t see the link to your photos.





Does anyone know if the waters are suitable for snorkeling? Since it%26#39;s going to be the monsoon season, would the waves be choppy?

No comments:

Post a Comment