Thursday, April 19, 2012

who to book through

I am about to book accommodation in Chiang Mai and I notice that the price is much cheaper through Agoda as opposed to Asiarooms. Which one is the safest to use or are they both good. looking for some feedback from personal experience. The price varies up to $10.00 AUD per night which seems a lot.



who to book through


I believe Agoda adds a %26#39;per night%26#39; booking fee when you actually make a booking. Last time I made a booking they added US$8 per night, which pushed the daily rate above that of asiarooms. Asiarooms is part of Germany%26#39;s TUI Group, and is based in Pattaya.



who to book through


Thanks for the quick reply dragonc. I suspected this might be the case. Would you recommend asiarooms as the best way to book, or is there someone better? I notice people still book directly with the hotel-surely that would be dearer??????




For the sake of comparison take a look at;





www.chiangmai-online.com





They%26#39;ll link you to;





http://www.thaihoteldiscount.com/





there you will be able to compare rates with the other cheap bookers mentioned i.e. Agoda %26amp; Asiarooms.





With CM online you may be asked to pay the first night up front (credit card), one of their agents will visit you after you check in, (a day or 2 later) to collect the balance.





Their service isn%26#39;t quite as clinical as Agoda or AR, but they%26#39;ve never failed to deliver (to me) what they promise yet. (Read the ';notes'; at the bottom of each hotels fact sheet. More often than not, your booking will include breakfast, and a free transfer from the airport to your hotel).





Anyway as I said, at least it%26#39;s another reliable source to compare available rates.




I use Agoda frequently. They add a service charge which covers taxes and handling when you book, which brings their prices on par with folks like Asiarooms, but they also have a ';member'; program which gives me a couple of dollars back in credit I can use on a future booking, so it essentially brings the cost back down a small notch.





Also like the fact that their phone lines are staffed by folks who speak decent English, making it easy to modify a reservation when I am on the road.




it is not too bad if you look at



hostelworld.com or hostelbookers.com



the price is very cheap.




Also look at www.atsiam.com





I am not sure if they have as many hotels as some of the other sites, but their prices were often cheaper when I was comparing. I have not used them as I ended up booking directly with places we stayed.




Try sawadee.com. We booked most of our Thailand accommodation through them and found it usually to be a bit cheaper than Asiarooms. Also, you don%26#39;t have to enter credit card details until you know they have a room available meaning you can enquire about a availability for a few hotels at the same time before confirming your booking.



Have fun!


  • eye creams
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment