Thursday, April 19, 2012

Accommodation & Halal Food

Hi everybody





Isnt tripadivsor just great!!! I relied heavily on this website for my trip to Bali last year - I knew so much even before I went that the taxi driver asked me if I was local as I was telling him which road to take - haha :)





Anyway, I am now set for another trip - this time to Bangkok with hubby, 2 sisters and my mum. Would really appreciate it if someone could recommend some hotels for me to consider. As shopping would very much be the main agenda, I am looking at around Rajdamri road (stayed at Arnoma a couple of years back on business trip and found it amazingly convenient). Anybody has advise on Baiyoke or anything around there? Budget is max Baht2000 per night (staying for 3 nights)





And since we are all muslim, can somebody also advise us on the best place to get muslim food?





Cheers



Accommodation %26amp; Halal Food


Hi, regarding food, there%26#39;s a very nice restaurant in the Siam Paragon food court (they have a sign posted at the rest. entrance certifying halal) and seem to be staffed by muslims. You could also check the middle eastern restaurants on sukhumvit soi 3 (known as Nana Nua) located toward the lower end near sukhumvit road. I%26#39;m sure there are other places TA members could suggest. good luck!



Accommodation %26amp; Halal Food


Thanks Bkk Resident





Thanks for the lead on halal food.





Can you help me in terms of accommodation? Been surfing the net and came out with Indra Regent, Baiyoke Suite, Baiyoke Sky and Aphrodite Inn.





I am rather fussy with cleanliness so can you please advise me on the above hotels - also in terms of walking distance to the nearest shopping areas.





And does anyone knows the difference between Baiyoke sky and Baiyoke Suite?





Aphrodite Inn looks good on their website - anyone stayed there before? Any comments?




hi didi_noel, all 4 hotels you mentioned are located quite close together and within walking distance of pratunam market [baiyokes are next to it],panthip plaza, central world plaza, and platinum plaza. The aphrodite is newest but is in the budget class category and room availablity may be an issue. The indra hotel is ok, but in my opinion is a bit old and showing it%26#39;s age. Personally, I%26#39;d give it a pass. The baiyoke sky and baiyoke suites are 2 separate bldgs (same owners) map here: www.baiyokehotel.com/index.php鈥?/a> and here%26#39;s the website where you can compare the features of each: www.baiyoke.co.th/index.php?site=baiyokesky Just click on the keys at the top of the website for the sky or suites. I%26#39;d pick the baiyoke sky; it%26#39;s the newer of the two and just waaay cooler ;) with more amenities. In any case, whether or stay there or not, take a trip up to the observation deck [it%26#39;s the tallest bldg in bangkok] where you get the best view of the city [i%26#39;d go at sunset....very pretty]. hope that helps

No comments:

Post a Comment