Tuesday, April 17, 2012

songkran

what dates and what is this festival about



songkran


hello my friend



the festival is april 13th and it is the thai new year and they celebrate this with lots of water .years ago the thai monks use to lightly brush people with water to clense them or something along them lines and over the years things have progressed into a mass water festival where every one gets water thrown at them , it sounds like good fun , dont forget the weather will be very hot so a little water will be a nice comfort from the heat . i know i will be getting very wet indeed , i will also be chucking water at any one who is close enough to get a soaking , all in good fun . enjoy .





gazza



songkran


13-15 April every year is Thai New Year (Songkran). This year 16 April is also a holiday.




I like Songkran, but on Phuket it is celebrated only 1 day, the 13th, which is enough for me.




Protect your phone and camera keep your mouth shut against the water don%26#39;t blow dty your hair that morning LOL




I was there last year and had heaps of fun. I bought some waterproof disposable cameras from home and took some excellent photos. Glad they were water proof because we were soaking wet all day and night.





We were buying refills (drinking water) for our water cannons for around 20 Baht. Unfortunately, not everybody did that and i ended up with an ear infection and a bad belly.





Have some fun and keep your sense of humour.





cheers





Niko




well thanks for the info we leave on the 14th so our last night being the 13th should be a great celebration. getting ear infections and sick for a plane flight doesnt sound like much fun but two teenagers with us to boot well like some one said keep an open mind but close your mouth maybe some ear plugs might be in order to.




I was there last year while Songkran was on and would say be careful.



I was trying to cross a busy road and was blasted with constant water in my eyes , I nearly got run over as I couldn%26#39;t see where I was going, I also saw a boy who was playing wiht others with a water gun slip over in all the water and crack his head open on the footpath, which was not a pretty site.



And yes protect your cameras etc I talked to a few people who%26#39;s cameras were ruined with all their holiday snaps.



Maz :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment