Tuesday, April 17, 2012

where to stay in Koh Samui?

Hi there











I am travelling for 5 months round South East Asia and at the end of my travels - the last two weeks in August my friend is coming out to meet me and she wants us to book a hotel this week in Koh Samui which is what I am going to do.











Can anyone recommend a cheap hostel type place for me, my boyfriend and my friend? we are in our mid twenties and looking for somewhere cheap.











thanks!











Amy



where to stay in Koh Samui?


Hi Amy,





There aren%26#39;t any hostels here as such, but there%26#39;s still cheap bungalow style accommodation. Try Matlang, Your Place or Al%26#39;s Bungalows to start. You%26#39;ll pay about 400 -500 Baht per night for a fan room with cold water (about $10-$15).





There are plenty of cheap rooms available too, they%26#39;re better found once you get here, get chatting to the locals in bars etc.. and they always know someone who has a very cheap place to stay. In August though pre book your first few days at least as it will be very busy here. Check out this website for more info;





www.kohsamui.org





Let me know if you have any more q%26#39;s.





Lou



where to stay in Koh Samui?


Ah! Matlang! Happy memories! Used to stay there late eighties early nineties religiously, and whilst it is now quite cramped due to development, the position at the north end of Chaweng can%26#39;t be beaten and the place still has its original charm and original prices!




ah thats great thanks for the info I will look into it.





Am so excited about going now!





Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment