Thursday, March 29, 2012

Coming back from Chaiyapum (Isaan) - BKK

Hi Folks;

My travel book is very vague about this - and maybe reasonably so as I think this is a small town.

What options do I have for getting back to Bangkok from Chiayapum (I will be getting a car ride up from a Thai friend)? I am looking for most comfortable ways, but not keen on flying in small planes. :)

Coming back from Chaiyapum (Isaan) - BKK

From Nakhon Ratchasima you can fly (jet aircraft), and I think also from Khon Kaen (sp?). By bus it will take probably 4-5 hours, depending if you have to change buses. There should be several buses per day.

If you ask around, you can probably hire somebody to drive you to BKK. I do not know about Chayapum, but it is usually fairly easy to find somebody with a car who is willing to make some money. Planning to try to hire a driver, with the bus as a backup, seems like a decent plan.

Coming back from Chaiyapum (Isaan) - BKK

Nakhon Ratchasima has no planes (unless you want to have a private one). The airport is not currently open to scheduled services.

Express buses leave about every 30 minutes.

Chaiyaphum is not that small, even if it is an %26#39;up country%26#39; town.

The express bus is the only sensible way to go; cheap and fast. About 4 hours.

I spent an hour driving round the town for a restaurant one evening. Every eating place in town served exactly the same dish (which I dislike). No other food, no restaurants open with a menu! just one dish in Chaiyaphum! Gosh they are boring eaters up there!

Anyway, the one thing I remember about that town is the large number of karaoke bars with girls sitting outside the doors in their 3 inch platform shoes........


Intercity bus direct to Morchit bus station in Kamphangphet Road, Bangkok. From there take a taxi to Morchit BTS station.


Thanks for all the info folks - very useful. :)

  • help finding niche
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment