Thursday, March 29, 2012

Bali lover thinking of Phuket this year.

Hi, My wife, daughter and I love Bali and travel there at least once a year. Unfortunately Bali seems to be in the news too often these days for the wrong reasons. We are seriously thinking of going to Phuket this year in June. I would appreciate if anyone who has been to both Bali and Phuket give us an idea of the difference eg, shopping, food, beaches etc. Also the weather in Bali in June is fantastic what is the weather like in Phuket.





Thanks heaps.





Bali lover thinking of Phuket this year.


Bali is cheaper much than Phuket, and a lot bigger. Phuket%26#39;s beaches are better. In my opinion Phuket is also more commercial than Bali, but it is well worth the visit as a change. I%26#39;ve never had a bad meal in Bali, but can%26#39;t say the same for Phuket. The weather in June in Phuket will be hot, with the slight chance of rain showers. Phuket is different, with a different culture and different things to see and do.



Bali lover thinking of Phuket this year.


Hi there, Have a look at the thread below, it will answer some of your questions.



tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293920-i5037-k959鈥?/a>





There are also a few more threads on Phuket vs Bali, just type that in the search box. Lots of different opinions on eating, shopping etc.



Cathy




Hi GMCTOTA. I%26#39;d love to know what that stands for.





Although Bali is a little cheaper, the quality there is also a little less. I think shopping might be better for women in Bali and Phuket for men. This has opened debates in the past but I find the Thais are much nicer people. The environment is much better, the beaches in particular (bear in mind two movies relying heavily on exotic beach locations have been shot near Phuket in Phang Nga Bay). The island is cleaner, easier to negotiate and there is more to do. I also prefer the food, but that%26#39;s definitely personal. It%26#39;s easy to include Bangkok (a huge but fascinating city in itself) in your travels, which puts places like the floating markets and Kanchanaburi (river Kwae and tiger temple) in reach, if that takes your fancy.





On the negative side - it%26#39;s further away (and therefore more expensive), transport is extortionately priced and the satays aren%26#39;t as good.





Don%26#39;t forget that there are many places to explore in Thailand which you can get to with only a little more effort. Expand your research and you stand a chance of finding something a little better tailored to your needs. When you go to Bali you pretty much just go to Bali.





To place this in context, you say you love Bali and many call Bali the island of the Gods, I don%26#39;t see it. On a good day I feel Phuket is just spectacular, I%26#39;ve never come close to feeling this in Bali. I%26#39;m always sad to leave Phuket, can%26#39;t wait to get out of Bali. I think we might be different people ;-)





I hope you enjoy your stay.




Thanks heaps for the info.





We will be staying in Bangkok for three nights, 5 nights in Hua Hin and 12 nights in Phuket. We have decided against Bali for this year.





I really appreciate the feedback and the links for more info.




That sounds like a good trip, I hope you have a great time and don%26#39;t miss Bali too much.




Hi GHCTOTA,



We like you are Bali lovers and have been many times but we were sick of chasing the bombs around as we were so close on 2 occasions.



3 years ago we took the gamble and went to Phuket. Although we still love Bali and will one day return, Phuket has so much more to offer its kind of like Bali%26#39;s grown up big sister.



We have been twice now to Phuket and Thailand and have 2 other trips planed one in September this year and October next year.



I am sure that you will love Phuket as we do and the Thai people are much the same as the Balinese very beautiful friendly.




I totally agree. I also have been to both and am returning to Phuket in 2 weeks. I enjoyed Bali but found the beaches and people to be a lot nicer in Thailand. Thai has my vote...have a great stay

No comments:

Post a Comment