Thursday, March 29, 2012

Island Trips

We will be in Phuket in September, on our last visit I wasn%26#39;t game to do any island trips - as I get really sea sick. Can anyone tell me if it is usually a calm trip out to the islands??? Have done a couple of horror journeys in Bali - really ruins the day even with medication????



Island Trips


Hello Judone. It depends upon where you go. Towards Phi Phi, Kho Racha and southwards or westwards generally it may be very rough that time of year.





If you go east of Phuket, into Phang Nga Bay, it is much more sheltered. The biggest waves I have seen there were only about 1m high, that was during a squall. This is where the trip to the hongs and sea caves go.





All the best,



Mark.



Island Trips


I was wondering about this too as I%26#39;m heading over in August. Are there nice beaches like those on Phi Phi Island in Phang Nga bay though? The pictures I%26#39;ve seen show sort of brown murky water.




We have just come back from phuket and Phang nga bay was beautiful, the water is different from the limestone more greenish coloured but it was still beautiful and clear at some of the beaches we went to. We did Marks sailing tour, its well worth it and the water as mentioned is nice, didnt see any brown water.Going on the sailing boat was a lot more calm that the speed boats to Phi Phi which I found fairly rough. I also get sea sick and was a bit under the weather on the speed boat but fine on the sailing boat...

No comments:

Post a Comment