Sunday, March 25, 2012

Waiting to book accomodation

Hello all,





I am a looooong time reader of the forum, but this is my first post (normally my questions are all answered!)





Planning our third trip to Thailand (my partner and I, went in Dec-04, Dec-06) in May/June 08. We plan on spending a week in Phuket (pre-booked), then doing the Limestone Lake Tour (pre-booked), then we have 10 days to do whatever....





We were thinking about island hopping around Phi-Phi, Koh Lanta, Krabi, etc and I just wanted to know how hard it is to just walk into a hotel and book a room for a couple of nights at this time of year? Also, would you expect the prices to be cheaper? I%26#39;m keen to do this so we can ';play it by ear'; and check out some new places, but I%26#39;m also nervous that I%26#39;ll be stuck without a bed :)





Our budget for accomodation would be about A$100 - A$150 per night if that matters.





Thanks for your help!!!



Waiting to book accomodation


Hi Gracie81, I don%26#39;t think you will have a problem at all at that time of year, especially if you are visiting not so touristy areas. Some people on the forum have suggested you check internet rates first before you walk in to the hotels for a price, as sites such as latestays give really good bargains for the following week or two.



Walk in rates tend to be higher.



Good luck, Sue



Waiting to book accomodation


Hi Gracie





We are going in May/June, this is our 2nd trip, we are spending 1 week in Krabi(Ao-Nang), 1 week in Khao Lak and 2 weeks in Patong, all pre-booked.



I would suggest you book, your plane tickets first, then hotel bookings through Travel Agent %26amp; possibly the internet for the cheapest possible prices. There are many internet booking agents eg. , Asisrooms, agoda,ThailandHotels etc.





I don%26#39;t expect the prices to be cheaper for the higher rated hotels maybe for the cheaper ones! I believe they will quote you higher prices as walk ins. But with $100-150 to spend per night you will be able to afford nice resorts.





I would suggest you look at pre-booking so you can have peace of mind before you leave home.



Hope this helps....Jill.




Thanks for your responses, still not totally decided, but will definately check out latestays, etc.





Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment