Thursday, March 29, 2012

Phuket town and beach?

Hello :-)

I am going to Phuket the 10. th of april, for a week and is looking for a hotel. I have been studying the different beach areas, but one question remains. I do not find any hotels placed in the Phuket Bay besides Phuket town?

Is me that has not seach thorugh enough or what? I would like to live very close to Phuket town, but still with the beach at my feet.

Meaning that I should be able to walk to a hotel that is placed on, or in front of a beach from Phuket Town. Is that possible?

And I see a coast at Phuket town but do not find any hotels at these beaches`?? Not even the names of the beaches. The closest I get is Pawna, I think it is.

Can anyone help?

Cathrine

Phuket town and beach?

Do you want to be near Phuket town or Patong beach where all the action is. That is where most people stay, on that side of the island,where all the popular beaches are. Patong is a 30 minute taxi ride into Phuket town.

Panwa is a lovely location but further away from most things so its a lot quieter.

Any reason you want to be close to Phuket town? It is not near any beaches. Sue

Phuket town and beach?

Hi Sue :-)

Thanks for your reply. The reason why I would like to stay in Phuket Town is because of the shopping. I have an idea of that there may be better possibilities for a big selection, and more ';original'; culture to see.

If I stay at the Patong beach it will probably be most tourist shops I find. And I would like to try out the shopping centers in Phuket Town as well. Staying at Pantong Beach would mean that I would have to drive forth and back each time.

In the meanwhile there is also a couple of travelmates to consider, since they would like a beach very much, so It would be very nice if we could combine this with a hotel close to Phuket town but also with short access to a beach.

Regards

Cathrine


And as I see it on the Map, Phuket is actually situated towards a coastline.


Hi Cathrine

I think that you should consider staying on the Patong side of the island. You can find really nice beaches and hotels at Kata or Karon Beach and there are also many shopping opertunities here as well.

If you wanted to go to Phuket town you can simply catch a bus (very cheap) or if you can%26#39;t wait then you could go by Tuk Tuk or a taxi - Phuket Town and Patong are not to far away from each other.


Hi Cathrine

we had the same %26#39;dilemma%26#39; but opted to stay at Kata (and skip Patong) then plan to visit Phuket Town - one visit for the weekend markets and another visit for the architecture, temple, history etc. Check out: www.cathyandgarystravelpages.com/phuket

Hope this helps :)


Hi, I think you will be better staying at Kata or Karon,especially if your friends want a nice beach.I can recomend Kata Beach Resort, we stay there every time.It costs very little to travel by tuk tuk to anywhere on the island.

Cheers Goldie


Hi Cathrine,

Phuket is an island so yes it is surrounded by coastline, but Phuket town is inland, not actually on the beach like the tourist resorts. We had friends stay at Cape Panwa, and although shopping was not their main agenda, they found enough restaurants to satisfy them and loved the quiet beaches in Panwa, and Phuket town was a relatively short bus ride away, which they did several times a week. So maybe that could be your base. Sue


Hi Everybody :-D

Thanks a lot for your answers. I think it will end up with a combination, with 2,5 days in Phuket Town in a hotel with a Swimming Pool, If I can find such.

Then 2,5 days on the Phi Phi islands. Does anyone know a nice place to stay here? I believe if you live in Phuket town, it is close to the Ferry?

And then back to Phuket to one of the beach areas

for the remaining 3 days, like e.g Kata Beach, or perhaps Cape Pawna - these are hard choices to make :-D

Now and here I think it is an awfully lot travelling forth and back, but this schedule will satisfy all.

Anyway, I just found out that we are actually in Phuket for the Thailand new year :-) What a coincidence. I had no idea when I ordered the flights, but none of us has been in Thailand before, and - so well no one would think of it. What I would like to hear is if anyone here has experieced that, and if there is something we should consider/be aware of/do in this regard.

Regards

Cathrine


Sorry about the grammar and spelling - I am not a native english speaker/writer.

Cathrine


Cathrine, Thai New Year is celebrated over about 4 days. Apart from the usual spiritual, holiday celebrations of the thai people, it involves getting wet. If you venture into Patong, you will very likely get buckets of water thrown over you, get soaked by a big water pistol, or even hosed down. It is all a lot of fun for the locals and tourists alike...however if you dont want to get wet, stay away from tourist hangouts. I have no idea what it%26#39;s like in Phuket town at New years time, it could be worse there! Sue

  • name of children
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment