Sunday, March 25, 2012

Pool Lounge Ettiquette

On all the hotel reviews, there seems to be a consistent theme of some guests %26#39;reserving%26#39; their poolside lounges with their towels early in the morning even if they don%26#39;t intend to use them for several hours.





Can this be challenged? Does pool lounge rage result? Who are the main culprits?





Or should we just ignore them and mutter under our breath?



Pool Lounge Ettiquette


I have been in several hotels (in Pattaya) where I%26#39;ve seen signs in English and German telling guests not to do that.



Pool Lounge Ettiquette


Baileybum,



You might enjoy this huge thread from just over a year ago re pool lounge hogs, of course it goes way off track but is quite funny.



Cathy





tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293920-i5037-k103鈥?/a>




I think that you know the answer to this one.



We have found the main culprits to be German (stereotype) Swedish and French.



No body objects if towels are put there when people are heading for brekkie but some of the offenders are up at the crack and then go out for the morning.



Most hotel ask for this not to be done but I very seldom see staff taking action.



It is rude and inconsiderate about the same as reclining your seat fully on the plane and then sitting up talking Grrrr!



Right on a roll now smoking and holding the cigarette in your direction and flicking hair all over.................who wants someones dead skin in their face.



Queue jumpers ....I am British so this is an obvious pet hate.



Screaming babies and drunks on planes.



Heavy petting on the beach and round the pool.....get a room.



There must be more LOL




Yep, one of my pet hates. There is no way that you can stop people from doing this. Most people think that it is their right. The towels go on before breakfast and as long as the lounges are used soon after, I suppose it is okay. It is annoying when people ';towel'; the chair so they can use it after their all day tour.





I have sat on the deck whilst heaps of lounges were toweled without an owner in sight.





I now choose to relax at the clubhouse on the numerous golf courses that I play on. A lot less people and a lot more manners.





Don%26#39;t confront them and there are usually too many for a frontal assault however a lot can be accomplished by stealth. haha :-)





Have a great holiday and don%26#39;t let the selfish people ruin it.





cheers





Niko




Umm, not sure that screaming babies on planes is rude and inconsiderate. Not as if the parents would be encouraging or enjoying the screaming themselves.




HI





One time I went to pool to swim and lounge all of the loungers were toweled with no one around.



the pool help were no help.





I was more worryed about shade so I took the Umbrella and moved it to my spot. then grabed some chairs from the bar area.





when the offenders came back hours later they were Pi$$ed. that they had to sit in the hot sun. so they left after onhly a few mins then I when and got their loungers.





on vacation it is not worth the hazzle of a frontal confrontaion. some of those type people can get real nasty why ruin your day because of some selfish pig.




This peaves me greatly. Stuff ignoring them and muttering under your breath. The offenders are the same ones who dont give a stuff about thai culture or anyone elses for that matter, and will sun bathe topless- god cant they just put them away!!!!



What i do is after about 1.5hrs if they have not returned I simply remove their towels and take their space. When later in the day they come and confront me i simply point to the pool sign and keep reading my book whilst they rant and rave. I%26#39;m in my 30%26#39;s not a big bloke but the world is a global community. If peaple dont want to be a part of that community they should JUST STAY HOME!!! No spreken ze doutsh!!!



cheers



Howzat




yep could not agree more, I was at the Le meridien beach resort and someone had towel done for the day, I just sat there, sure they came up to me and wanted to sit there but I told them I had been there for hours ( which I hadn%26#39;t ) and they muttered something in German, to which I muttered something in German back to them, and they left




Thanks everyone, this will be interesting if it happens to us. I%26#39;ll try not to mention the war, LOL




just give them 30 mins and then move the stuff.



let them rant and rave.



how can they prove u are sitting on ';their '; lounges.



';pech'; are is a good word to have in your verbal arsenal.

No comments:

Post a Comment