Monday, April 23, 2012

Bangkok Century Park /dusit resort Hua Hin????????????

Hi all,





I have been reading and writing down all the info via this site all morning ( have failed miserably at actually doing ant housework at all today!!) and have a few questions that I havent found so far!







We are staying in Bangkok for 3 nights~ Century Park ~ then mini bus transfer to Hua Hin~ Dusit rersort~ for 7 nights April 2008. 6 people travelling including a couple of teenagers.





So, I would appreciate any tips on where to eat when we arrive the first night if outside the hotel complex and whether anyone has acutally been organised, or would be kind enough to recommend a 3 day Bangkok itinary of places worth visiting???? I would hate to miss out on anything good, and opt for what reads like it would be worth a visit and actually was a waste of time.





Nothing beats a personal opinion and the truth!!





Are tips to staff/ persons expected and whats the average cost of a tip???





Thanks in advance: My brain hurts!!!!!



Bangkok Century Park /dusit resort Hua Hin????????????


3 days in BKK is enough to catch most things and what you do really depends on your tastes and if you want to see the sights around BKK (normally a full Day trip) as well as in BKK.





For me I think in BKK the “must do’s” is the Grand Palace %26amp; Reclining Buda (Wat Po), they are alongside each other. I would also take in at lease one of the markets. One evening I would have dinner down by the river, drinks in one of the roof top bars, take a look at patpong if you have never been. Suhkumvit Rd area is worth a look one evening, for shopping, dinner etc.





For a Day trip near BKK I would opt to go to Ayuthaya.



Although I guess a lot of people would recommend to go to the floating market, tiger temple (get up close to tigers) in the river kwai area. I’ve not done this so can not say, but the Tiger Temple does sound interesting.





It has been several years since I have been to Hua Hin, but the last time I was there you where spoilt for choice with restaurants. I would not plan which restaurant I would just take a stroll and call in somewhere that looks good. This is my plan when we arrive in a few weeks.





I would only tip if I got good service, and this would normally be about 50 baht in a average restaurant. If it was something a bit more special then I would increase the tip accordingly. I also always leave the maid something when we check out, again if the services is good and it normally is.



Bangkok Century Park /dusit resort Hua Hin????????????


Thank you very much for your help, theres so much to research at the moment so your reply is greatly appreciated.




Hi





We have stayed at the Century Park twice and it was good both times, once last year. I would definitely do the Royal Palace. You can do the Tiger Temple, River Kwai and Floating Market in one day from Hua Hin its about the same time from Bangkok or Hua Hin bearing in mind the traffic getting out of Bangkok. We did the trip in a mini bus from Hua Hin cost was around 4000 baht but then you had to pay for the entrance to Tiger Temple, boat trip of River Kwai and boat for Floating Market (the floating market was expensive). If you want details of who we used let me know.





Trips you might want to do around Hua Hin are the Big Buddha, Monkey Mountain, What Thum at Kao Tao and Hand Sai Noi Beach where the locals go, not much else there.





We usually tip 10% of the cost of taxi and food.




Thank you for the very helpful replies.





From Bangkok, We have pre booked a guided tour with tour with tong to visit:



the floating market



Tiger temple



and bridge on the river kwai ( are there elephant rides etc at Kwai???)





We are hoping to visit one of the roof top bars but have been told it is not possible due to having a couple of teenagers in the party! Hopefully it will be a positive experience for all of us, so thanks again.





We plan to be pretty open minded in Hua Hin and travel into town to eat, but are equally ok about eating at the resort as there have been some very good TA reviews. I will report back on our return !




If you like rooftop views without the high cost of drinks and bearing the teenagers in mind - take a lift to the top of the Baioke Tower, there is an inside viewing floor and it is set up with maps and other direction finding info.



Fascinating to see how all those Freeways intertwine and also the traffic on the river. Well worth the trip.



There is also a buffet restaurant a couple of floors down from the Viewing Floor, mixed reviews and i haven%26#39;t been there myself.




In Bangkok, My oppinion





Sirocco at the top of the state tower Silom is the best skyline restaurant in Bangkok, forget the rest, amazing.





Don’t forget your camera and parachute.





Hua Hin.







Hua Hin first night in my opinion,





The Buffalo Tavern is a good place to start, Ok It’s just like one of your English Taverns, (Wait for it, the you go to Thailand for the cultural difference, you don’t want to eat in a British pub on your first night). You will find very good western and Thai food plus, you can pick up V’good information on where ells to go to eat also information on trips and outings.





If you would like excellent Thai food where all the Thais eat, try the restaurant opposite Palram 6 (Naresauwan Army Base) turn right out of the Dusit resort main entrance up the road towards Cha Am about 4 Kilometers on the left. The best Thai food you have ever had. BUT you must ask for no MSG (Mai Sai Pongchulot)



I didn’t put the name because there is no name. No name, pay no tax. Great Idea ah.





Another V’good Thai restaurant is right next to the Everson resort (south) in Pak Nam Pran 25 Kilometers south of Hua Hin By the name of Hat Rim Talay Fantastic sea food very cheap.







The Dusit has the best buffet on a Monday evening don’t miss it, in fact because I remembered I will be there on this Monday.





I hope this information helps you in some way.

No comments:

Post a Comment