Wednesday, April 25, 2012

While in Bangkok, which neighborhood should I stay in?

So I%26#39;m planning a trip to Thailand in November. Just wondering which neighborhood in Bankok I should stay in? My interests include shopping, partying, site seeing, etc. I plan on seeing a bunch of temples but would rather stay in a neighborhood with a nightlife scene and good shopping. It seems like there are many options for this but which is maybe the most popular?



Thanks in advance for any info. on this. Cheers!



While in Bangkok, which neighborhood should I stay in?


Sukhumwit



Silom



Siam Square



While in Bangkok, which neighborhood should I stay in?


You asked the same question one week ago and it was answered: tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293916-i3687-k181鈥?/a>



Why do you keep repeating the same question instead of re-starting your previous thread?





The main tourist accommodation areas are Sukhumvit and Banglamphoo. Suk has been dealt with in the other thread. Banglamphu is popular with younger people, but it has many attractions even if you%26#39;re not a young backpacker, and you need not stay at a 150 baht dive on Khao San Road. There are plenty of comfortable guest houses and hotels on streets like Soi Rambutri. See khaosanroad.com/all_accommodation/all_accomm鈥?/a>



There%26#39;s certainly enough street-market-style shopping, and most of the main tourist sights and the river are close at hand. Small bars often with live music form the nightlife, with lots of Thais also flocking to the area, tending to be the artsy and intellectual types. There%26#39;s comparitively little in-your-face s*x for sale, but it exists there too, if you%26#39;re looking for it.





All in all, Banglamphoo is the older, more atmospheric area of Bangkok, and it%26#39;s closer to what many people come to Thailand for, than the skyscrapers of the Central Business District.





Other areas include Chinatown, Riverside, Siam, Silom Road, Thonglor... it%26#39;s a big city with many different faces.






Mateo





No need to start a new thread just add a comment to your previous thread and it will pop to the top of the list again.





Or did you honestly forget you posted the same question.





Or were the answers you received in the other post not what you wanted.




Sorry guys. I did realize I posted a similar question but for some reason or another, I couldn%26#39;t seem to find the previous questions. Where do I find my posts a week or two later? Semi-new to the forum. Again, my apologies.




Mateo





Click on your name or ';My Trip Advisor'; and then contributions/forums and you will see a full list of your posts





Enjoy your time on the forums and ask away




Hi;



This is just IMHO , the Sukhumvit road is the main drag for tourists in Bangkok. I stayed in this area 2x in year 2007 and I shall be back the Sukhumvit this spring 2008. Honestly, i could not find any other place that suit my need and convenience better than the Sukhumvit road. Here are the few reasons for me liking Sukhumvit.



I can have a decent hotel at a reasonable price with in room safe and Thai/American breakfast and guest friendly staff less than 1,500 baht a day.



The super convenienes clsoe to BTS station Nana , Asoke. and all the restaurants , Thai%26#39;s massages, clubs, bars, dry clean, laundry.. You name it they have it all here or Bring it to your room with a good Smile . The area is well known to all Taxi%26#39;s and you just can get lost in here even IN THE CASE of Newbie. But, I already had the travel guide and map of Bangkok before I went to Bangkok . Do carry a BTS %26amp; MRT map with you , it is a great tool to travel around Bangkok.



Enjoy,

No comments:

Post a Comment