Monday, April 23, 2012

Wheres the best place to buy thai silk in Phuket town?

Hi,



Going to Phuket in April and need advice on where to get some good quality Thai silk by the meter. I want to get them made into curtains back in England. Any advice on where to look? I%26#39;m staying in the Indigo Peral on Nai Yang beach but the hotels provides shuttles to Phuket town and Patong so they%26#39;d be the best places for me. Thank you.



Wheres the best place to buy thai silk in Phuket town?


If you%26#39;re going to Bangkok at all, you%26#39;d get a much better range and cheaper prices. I haven%26#39;t seen much of a range in Phuket and the prices are quite high when compared to what you%26#39;d get in Chiang Mai or Bangkok.





You won%26#39;t find anything in Patong, there are a few places in Phuket Town, but I couldn%26#39;t give you shop names or directions, sorry. You could contact my friend Mai if you%26#39;re interested. He%26#39;s a driver and he%26#39;s taken me to Phuket Town to buy silk. His email is; hknuch@hotmail.com





You may not receive an answer for about a week, as Nuch and Mai have to return to Phattalung for a family member%26#39;s funeral.



Wheres the best place to buy thai silk in Phuket town?


Hi





We went to the Jim Thompson factory shop at the ';The Courtyard'; and bought some beautiful fabrics.



The silk was of nicer colour, better quality and cheaper than all of the other silk places I visited. They had a large range of silks that they used for furnishings.



I bought 1 %26amp; 2 ply silks for dressmaking for 300 baht/metre.



Even if you have to take a taxi there, it is worth the cost.



I%26#39;ll certainly be returning to buy up on our next visit. If you find somewhere better let me know.



Have a great trip,



Pete





http://www.jimthompson.com/sales_outlet.asp

No comments:

Post a Comment