Monday, April 23, 2012

Bungalow Recommendations for Phuket

Well.. My last post was deleted... I thought I followed all guidelines, so let me try again.





I%26#39;m looking for a beach front bungalow to stay at in August. I have seen a few places while searching on the net, but I wanted to get some advice before I commit.





So what beach front bungalows (feet/meters from the beach) do you recommend?



Bungalow Recommendations for Phuket


Hi,



We stayed at the Treetops Arasia near Surin Beach. The accomodation was in a private villa and was beautiful. The hotel is set on a hill overlooking the beach with great views and was about a 500m walk to the beach.



Bungalow Recommendations for Phuket


baboo30-how far from Patong were you %26amp; approx what was the costing? Thanks Sue




You need to give us some idea of budget, and if indeed you are looking for a beach %26#39;bungalow%26#39;. There are not so many of these.



Do appreciate August is rainy season so you perhaps do not want to be too far from activities.





If you are looking for a %26#39;beachfront%26#39; bunmgalow do check locations and where the bugalows/resort is actualy located.





Treetops would probably be in the US$ 200-900 range depending on room type and season (UUD 220-1,000)





Also decide %26#39;which beach area%26#39; you want to stay in, although you can travel relatively easily from one beach to another they are quiet different.




Ian, perhaps if you tell us which ones you have looked at already it may help people who have perhaps stayed at those who add comment.





Also do mention how important/not important it is for you to be near shopping/restaurants/nightlife.



There are still islands where there are those classic thatched (a/c) beach bungalows where you step right into the sea but they tend to be on smaller/quieter tropical islands.




Thanks for the reply! I%26#39;ve been looking at Coral Island Resort, Andaman Bangtao Bay Resort, Friendship Beach Resort, and Bangtao Lagoon Bungalows.





I%26#39;ve read negative things about Chalong Bay, so I don%26#39;t think I will choose Friendship Beach Resort... I also got an e-mail telling me that the Bangtao Lagoon Bungalows are really ';not right on the beach';, but dozens of meters away.





I%26#39;m not very concerned about night life... I%26#39;d actually rather be away from all the ';touristy'; places. I%26#39;m going just to relax and unwind.





I%26#39;m looking to spend from $100~300 per night. Since August is low season, I don%26#39;t think it will be too much of a problem.





Any advice?




Hi Ian,



Stopped at Coral Island on a trip back from Raya - Would not recommend it for a stay IMO - very basic and a pretty ordinary beach - Raya Island is a million times better - but the hotel is ';The Racha'; and it%26#39;s quite pricey.



For beach bungalows, Ko Samui has it all - a 1 hour flight from Phuket.



Cheers,



Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment