Monday, April 23, 2012

smoking ban thailand

I keep reading about the smoking bans in public places within thailand, we in Australia have had smoking bans in pubs, clubs, out door venues, public transport and buildings more many years. For example one can not smoke within 15 metres of an enterance to a public building.



Even when I do go to Thailand I tend to go outside for my cigggy, so I don%26#39;t know what the problem will be, providing smoking areas are well sign posted by the authorities.



But then agin ';this Thailand';



smoking ban thailand


Some places will have signs and some won%26#39;t, but the law is that you can%26#39;t smoke in airconditioned buildings. Many bars etc have outdoor terraces where smoking is OK. Beware that there is a spot fine of 2000 baht within Metro Bangkok for throwing cigarette butts on the ground.

No comments:

Post a Comment