Monday, April 23, 2012

Tuc Tuc ... becareful!!

Just 30 mins ago I was riding the tuc tuc for the first time .. the tuc tuc driver made a phone call and took a longer way to reach the hotel, for the first time we go through this high way, I was shocked when some motorcycle driver accompanied with some other guy tried to grab the purse of my mom out of the tuc tuc. Thankfully he failed ... I am very sure that the tuc tuc driver had something to do with it. this is just a warning for all of you reading this msg

BECAREFUL of TUC TUCS!

Tuc Tuc ... becareful!!

Good grief. I%26#39;m really sorry to read this! It sounds awful, and scary. Thank goodness you and your mom are safe, and your belongings! And glad they failed!

Tuc Tuc ... becareful!!

I%26#39;ve said it before and I%26#39;ll say it again: Don%26#39;t take tuktuks in Bangkok, ever.


thats horrible thank goodness everyone is safe thou !

and he wasnt able to get your moms purse

see this dissapoints me only because i wanted to ride in a tuk tuk but with this being said i won%26#39;t even ride one ....

thank goodness everyone is safe b


I was in Bangkok in February and took Tut-Tuks (pronounced took-tooks) everywhere without incident. It was fun. Have the experience, even for a short jaunt! Street congestion, the afternoon heat, and car exhaust are far more prevelant than anything else.

There seem to be two camps, re: pro or con Tuk-Tuks. Have the experience and decide which camp you%26#39;re in.


I agree with bill2p, Why catch a tuk tuk when cabs are cheaper,cleaner,safer %26amp; have aircon.


I must be one of the lucky few. We took Tuk Tuks everywhere and I loved them. Ok ,so they were not air conditioned but the breeze was fine, We had absolutly no problems like being hijacked, taken to jewellry stores ,fake temples tailors, etc etc. I found them to be quicker to get around short distances and were easier to get than a taxi (especially for short distances).

Sorry to hear that your first experience was a bad one but at least you both came out of it safe and sound which is great.

Don%26#39;t let one bad driver put you off.

They really can be fun. Just keep your guard up .

Good luck with the rest of your holiday travels


I tend to agree with the poster above - if you%26#39;re not carrying anything that looks valuable and attracting attention, then you should be fine. I even know of some Aussies who use the motorbikes to get around and even though I wouldn%26#39;t take them they had no problems at all. It is no different to being in Italy and having an old lady distract you by falling on the street and another person on a motor bike riding past and grabbing a female companion%26#39;s hand bag...

It is very much a case of a few/minority bad tuk tuk drivers (or also know as ';sam lor'; for three wheels!) making a bad name for others. You should not let one bad experience discourage you!

One of my cousins from the States even drove one because the driver was ill and they had no problems at all!

Hope the rest of your trip is better!

Enjoy Thailand!

  • eye creams
  • microsoft office
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment