Monday, April 23, 2012

Prices for restaurants

hello everyone,





I am reading all your reviews and taking notes as I go along of what to do and where to go around Ao Nang. I already know which restaurants I would like to try: Ban Lay, Navrang Mahal, Krua Thara maybe Carnivore and La Spunito? But anyway it does not tell me what kind of priceI should expect 600 TBH or more for two? Some people told me 40 Pounds! 2500 Baths! Is this correct? This sounds really expensive for a dinner for two! Please help trying t do my budget and this is getting me worry....





Thanks



Prices for restaurants


As long as you never eat in 5 star hotels you will never pay 2500bt for 2 persons. The best places will cost perhaps 500 per person, but if you wish to save money, eat at the places the well-to-do Thai eat. I always paid an average of 250-500bt for 2adults %26amp; a child, with a couple of beers included. Don%26#39;t get sucked into the new push to have %26#39;top end tourism%26#39; - it%26#39;s a rort. I may not stay in 5stars, but I still spend plenty when in Thailand. If they continue on this path of 5star tourists only, Thailand will lose out. I earn an average salary, and could never pay 5star prices anywhere in the planet, but can happily pay 3-4*, have a driver, eat out every meal, shop til I drop. If that doesn%26#39;t help the economy, nothing will. I admit, the gap between have/ have not in Thailand disgusts me, as the %26#39;haves%26#39; are ALWAYS involved in some form of corruption, even if no more than tax avoidance %26amp; paying substandard wages. I have traveled Thailand extensively, and the poor people are lovely, the rich generally quite disgusting.



Prices for restaurants


At Ban Lay, we never paid more than 10 pounds for two people really indulging - 4 main course dishes including fresh seafood, a couple young coconuts, and a couple fresh fruit drink.





It will cost less if you indulge less than us. :)




Krua Thara and Navrang - no more than 500 baht per person inc starters, main dishes and booze.



Carnivore - more like 1000 per person (but its damn good!)




Thank you for all you answers. Can do my budget reassured now...and even put some money on the side for shopping.lol. Will come back to do full reviews of course.



Thanks.)

No comments:

Post a Comment