Monday, April 23, 2012

Viewed Toxic Koh Chang and nearly hurled

I had not seriously considered where the sewage goes once you flush the toilet while on the islands of Thailand. But after viewing the seriously disturbing Toxic Koh Chang, I feel much more enlightened and it has given me serious pause in regard to what nastiness is lurking in the water and on the beaches.





As detailed in the article, while the water may look un-polluted and the beaches unspoiled and clean, the fact of the matter is that a real potential health risk exists when you decide to venture into what appears to be pristine surroundings.





So, my question is, are there any islands left in Thailand that e.coli and other potential deadly poisons are not found in the water? Are there any islands where raw sewage is not dumped into the ocean and garbage is properly disposed of? Is there any such place left on the entire planet for that matter, or has paradise truly been lost?





That being said, is there anyplace on Koh Chang that I can take my family where the likelihood of human crap and runoff in the water and on the beaches is minimal?



Viewed Toxic Koh Chang and nearly hurled


I could make a two minute video about any tourist location in Thailand and highlight the garbage %26amp; pollution problem. It%26#39;s not something that%26#39;s unique to Koh Chang.





I%26#39;ve swum in the sea off Klong Prao beach probably getting on for a 1000 times over the past few years - but I%26#39;m still alive and havent suffered any ill effects.



Viewed Toxic Koh Chang and nearly hurled


Thanks for those comforting words Ian.

No comments:

Post a Comment