Monday, April 16, 2012

Purchasing prescription glasses in Phuket

Is it worth getting prescription glasses made in Phuket and if so any recommendations as to where.



I have just found and joined this site fantastic.



Purchasing prescription glasses in Phuket


hi johnqqtw





welcome to the site it is fantastic so much info to read up before you go



i havent been to phuket yet we go in 8 sleeps but i did get prescription glasses made last year in veitnam so much cheaper than in aust and they are great so i might even look in phuket for more frames for the next pair





sharon



Purchasing prescription glasses in Phuket


You can get them done for sure in Phuket. My recommendation is to ask a couple of staff in your hotel who wear glasses, where they have them done.




My husband got some prescription glasses 2 years ago, on the corner of Bangla Road and the main beach road. They were $160-00. He is very happy with them.




Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated.




One thing I would recommend - try get your glasses at beginning of holiday so if any problem you can take them back. I picked up pair on last day of holiday few years ago and when back in UK found them slightly out of alignment - no optician in UK could fix them as they said frame needed replacement. Apart from that one incident I have always been satisfied.




Hi there.





I got a pair from the store on the right hand side as you enter the BACK part of the Jungceylon Shopping centre (Robinsons entrance) on the ground floor. They used my normal glasses to get the prescription and I paid $175 for prescription glasses that I picked up the next day.





They are great and half of what I was quoted here.





Cheers





Wayne




while on the subjet can you get disposable contact lenses there , i wear the monthly throw away ones .




I got mine from (4 YOU OPTIC) in Karon beach opposite Marina Phuket Resort, paid approx $145 AUS. I am out of pocket more than this amount even after private health rebate for same.



Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment